So Part 1 was the thinking part. Part 2 is the action part. We need to take our food list and get the groceries to accommodate it. My food list was for 5 days. You can make yours for longer if you’d like. My food list included (Click the recipes to see my youtube videos preparing these):
Pureed Squash Baked Casserole
Gouda Cauliflower Bake and Chicken
Cauliflower Pizza Bake
If you’d like to try any of my recipes I’ll list them below:
Pureed Squash Bake Casserole
2 medium yellow squash chopped
1 small onion chopped
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 cup crushed Ritz crackers (save some for topping) (could use pork rinds for Keto or gluten free bread crumbs)
Salt & pepper to taste
1/4 cup melted butter (save some for topping)
Cut squash and onion into medium-sized chunks
steam together for about 20 minutes or until tender
let cool slightly and puree in food processor; set aside
In another bowl, combine egg, mayo, cheese, Ritz crackers, salt & pepper, and melted butter
Add squash mixture and stir to combine
Pour into greased casserole dish
bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes
Alfredo Zoodles Recipe
Green Giant Frozen Zoodles
1 cup Ragu Alfredo sauce
1 tbsp garlic salt
2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
*Cook zoodles according to package directions
add all other ingredients and stir
2 cans petite diced tomatoes
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can pinto beans (or your choice)
1 can kidney beans (or your choice)
1 can tomato paste
2 tbsp ketchup
1 packet chili seasoning
cooked meat and veggies of choice
combine and simmer
Gouda Cauliflower Baked Casserole
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 1 cup smoked gouda grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and ‘butter’ a baking dish. Cut the cauliflower (see video in body of post) then wash and cook it in a large pot of water generously seasoned with salt 8-10 minutes or just until fork-tender.
- In a large bowl cream together the cream cheese, heavy cream, grated garlic, 1 cup of cheddar and ¾ cup of smoked Gouda.
- Combine the remaining shredded cheese separately to top the cauliflower with.
- When the cauliflower is finished cooking, drain it completely then fold it into the cheese mixture.
- TIP: Use the side of your spoon to break up the cauliflower further.
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper as necessary then transfer the cauliflower to the prepared baking dish. Top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees 25-30 minutes or until golden and bubbly on top.
Pizza Cauliflower Casserole
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 Tbsp Heavy Cream
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 8 slices pepperoni
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
For the Casserole
- 12 slices pepperoni
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Clean and trim the cauliflower, breaking it into medium sized pieces.
- Place in a microwave safe bowl with 2 Tbsp of cream and 1 Tbsp of butter.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 10 minutes.
- Stir to coat cauliflower with cream/butter mixture.
- Microwave for another six minutes on high (or until tender.)
- Remove from the microwave and put into a high speed blender or food processor along with the 8 slices of pepperoni and 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Puree until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- You can adjust the cream and butter to your preference for consistency.
For the Casserole
- Spread the cauliflower puree into an 8 x 8 oven proof casserole dish.
- Cover with 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, and layer with pepperoni.
- Bake at 375 degrees (F) for about 20 minutes.
- Alternatively you could microwave this for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.
LOAD UP ON NEW RECIPES, EXCLUSIVE GOODIES + MORE by subscribing (NO SPAM)
Subscribe for 3 FREE printables
Now that we’ve built our food list and gotten groceries. We got to do the fun part: Cook! Following the plan is the easy part. Once you get to the last recipe, it’s time to make another list. If you feel successful with things, do more of the same. If you feel like you need a change, do it! Repeat and tweak where needed. Small tweaks =giant peaks.
What are some of your go-to meal planning recipes?